The Tarot Guide Terms & Conditions
The terms ‘TheTarotGuide.com’, ‘The Tarot Guide’, “TheTarotGuide.ie”, “TheTarotGuide.co.uk”, ‘The Tarot Store’, ‘TheTarotStore.com’, ‘Lisa’, ‘I’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website and/or customer or purchaser of our goods and/or services.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
a) Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Tarot Guide’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- i. modify or copy the materials;
- ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Tarot Guide’s web site;
- iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- vi. print the materials.
b) This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Tarot Guide at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
c) All content included as part of the www.thetarotguide.com and www.thetarotstore.com sites or readings, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Site, is the property of The Tarot Guide or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
d) All video and audio recordings provided during or after a reading are only for use as a personal record of your tarot reading. Any other use is prohibited without the written signed consent of The Tarot Guide. These recordings and affiliated copyrights are the property of The Tarot Guide.
a) The materials on The Tarot Guide’s web site are provided “as is”. The Tarot Guide makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Tarot Guide does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
b) The contents of The Tarot Guide website and/or all tarot readings and/or other services from The Tarot Guide do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. All material contained on The Tarot Guide and information provided during readings and/or other services is provided without any warranty of any kind. You use the material on The Tarot Guide and any information provided during readings and/or other services at your own discretion and risk. The Tarot Guide is not a licensed therapist. If you have mental health issues, please seek the proper help from qualified healthcare professionals. The information, goods and services provided by The Tarot Guide are for entertainment purposes only and are not a substitute for professional mental health services, or for professional medical treatment or advice, nor should they ever take the place of a doctor, lawyer, or any other licensed professional.
In no event shall The Tarot Guide or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of data or profit or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Tarot Guide’s Internet site, even if The Tarot Guide or a The Tarot Guide authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Tarot Guide’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Tarot Guide does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Tarot Guide may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Tarot Guide does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Tarot Guide has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Tarot Guide of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy
By making a booking with The Tarot Guide, you confirm that you have read and agree to the cancellation policy and booking conditions.
The following booking conditions and cancellation policy apply to email readings:
- • Email readings once booked cannot be refunded. We will retain the full amount paid for the reading. Email readings are non-transferable. One client per reading, email readings cannot be split with a third party.
- Email readings are charged per question or topic. Multiple topics or smaller questions cannot be combined into one question and will be counted as separate topics or questions. If you submit questions or topics in excess of the quantity permitted for the type of email reading you have booked, you will be contacted and asked to either pay the cost of upgrading the reading to cover the excess questions/topics (if an upgrade is available) or to select the questions/topics to be eliminated from your reading. Such submissions may cause a delay in you receiving your reading back. The Tarot Guide accepts no liability in relation to delays caused. If you request a general life reading, each life area will be classed as a separate topic and you must book the Three Topics/Questions reading. If you book a general life reading, you are required to specify which three life areas you want the reading to focus on (e.g. love, career, finances etc). In the event of a dispute regarding what constitutes a topic or question, the final decision rests with The Tarot Guide. If you complete your payment for an email reading and do not receive it within 15 working days, please check your spam folders and contact Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com if you still have not received it.
The following booking conditions and cancellation policy apply to Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone/Video-call/Audio-call readings:
- • Bookings cancelled less than 72 hours after payment and more than 48 hours before the scheduled appointment time or bookings cancelled less than 72 hours after payment where an appointment has yet to be set, are subject to a cancellation charge of only the refund costs (if any) charged to The Tarot Guide by the payment processor.
- • Bookings cancelled more than 72 hours after payment and more than 48 hours before the scheduled appointment time are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% + any refund costs (if any) charged to The Tarot Guide by the payment processor. As an alternative to cancellation, if you wish to reschedule and you inform The Tarot Guide more than 48 hours before the scheduled appointment time, you may reschedule your appointment once free of charge. Any subsequent attempts on your part to reschedule or cancel the appointment, will forfeit your payment and no refunds will be given. Bookings cancelled more than 72 hours after payment, where you have declined an appointment offered by The Tarot Guide and have requested to cancel your booking, will also be subject to a 30% administration fee + refund costs (if any) charged to The Tarot Guide by the payment processor. It is recommended that you contact The Tarot Guide to ensure a suitable appointment is available prior to making a payment.
- • If you provide false or misleading information at the time of booking, The Tarot Guide may cancel your booking and no refund will be provided. This includes but is not limited to, confirming you are over 18 when you are not. (All clients must be over 18 to have a reading. Proof of age may be required).
- • Missed appointments or bookings cancelled less than 48 hours before the scheduled appointment time will not be rescheduled or refunded. If you have booked a reading via Skype/WhatsApp/other video-call or audio-call service you must be signed into the relevant service at your scheduled appointment time. If you have booked a telephone reading, you must be available to take the call at your scheduled appointment time on the mobile number you provided when booking. If you are unavailable, not logged in or do not answer at your scheduled appointment time, we will make 2 further attempts to contact you within 5 minutes of the first call. If you do not answer by the third attempt, your appointment will be classed as a missed appointment and no refund will be given. If you answer on the second or third attempt, any time missed will be deducted from the time allotted for your appointment. If we cannot contact you due to you providing incorrect contact information when booking, your reading will be classed as a missed appointment and no refund or rescheduling will be offered. Where The Tarot Guide has contacted the client to arrange a Skype/WhatsApp/ Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call appointment and the client does not reply or arrange their appointment within 3 months, the booking will be cancelled without refund. If you book a Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone/ Video-Call/Audio-Call reading and do not receive an email from The Tarot Guide within 3 business days to arrange your appointment, please contact Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com immediately. Skype/WhatsApp/ Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call readings are non-transferable. Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call readings are done strictly on a one-to-one basis, only one client is permitted per appointment. Any attempt on your part to bring any third party onto the call or allow any third party to join the call will result in the immediate termination of your appointment and the forfeit of your entire fee. 30-minute Skype/ WhatsApp/Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call sessions are suitable for one-topic or question readings only. If you book a 30-minute Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call reading, you are only permitted to ask about one topic OR one question. Multiple topics or smaller questions cannot be combined into one question and will be counted as separate topics or questions. If you have multiple questions or multiple topics you need to cover, you must book a 60-minute reading. 60-minute Skype/ WhatsApp/ Telephone/Video-Call/Audio-Call readings are suitable for multiple questions or topics or more in-depth readings on a single topic. You must book the appropriate duration for your requirements as readings cannot be extended once booked. In the event of a dispute regarding what constitutes a topic or question, the final decision rests with The Tarot Guide.
The Tarot Guide reserves the right to cancel any Tarot reading/session/event without notice. The Tarot Guide reserves the right to refuse service to anyone without obligation to specify a reason and without liability. This includes but is not limited to anyone who is rude, aggressive, abusive or violent, anyone who appears to be intoxicated and/or under the influence of a mind altering substance, anyone who provides false or misleading information at the time of booking or who is deemed unsuitable or unfit to have a reading. The Tarot Guide or its suppliers shall in no way be liable for any damages resulting from the cancellation of a Tarot reading/session/event or other service. All bookings are non-transferable. By booking any Tarot reading/session/event or other service with The Tarot Guide, you confirm that you (and/or any person(s) you book on behalf of) understand and agree that any information provided by The Tarot Guide does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. Furthermore, you (and/or any person(s) you book on behalf of) agree that all information provided during readings/sessions/events and/or other services provided by The Tarot Guide is provided without any warranty of any kind and that you (and/or any person(s) you book on behalf of) use any information provided during readings/sessions/events and/or other services at your own discretion. You also confirm that you (and/or any person(s) you book on behalf of) are aware that The Tarot Guide is not a licensed therapist. If you have mental health issues, please seek the proper help from qualified healthcare professionals). You also confirm that you (and/or any person(s) you book on behalf of) agree that the information, goods and services provided by The Tarot Guide are for entertainment purposes only and are not a substitute for professional mental health services or for professional medical treatment or advice nor should they ever take the place of a doctor, lawyer, or any other licensed professional. All readings, sessions, events and other services are provided on the understanding that you take personal responsibility for your own choices, decisions and outcomes. The Tarot Guide does not provide readings on hexes, curses or demonic forces. If you are booking on behalf of any other person(s), (including but not limited to booking Tarot events) by booking, you confirm that all parties are over 18 and have read and agreed to the booking conditions. The Tarot Guide reserves the right to alter this cancellation policy at any time without notice.
Gift vouchers expire 6 months from the date of purchase. Email Tarot Gift vouchers are valid for one client for a One Topic or Question Email Tarot reading. Skype/WhatsApp Gift Vouchers are valid for one client for a 60-minute Skype or WhatsApp Tarot Reading. Vouchers must be used in one sitting and no refunds will be given for unused time/questions. Gift vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable and not-redeemable for cash. For Skype and WhatsApp vouchers, the gift voucher recipient must make an appointment for their reading by contacting Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com and advising their preferred appointment date and time and the voucher code. The appointment will be arranged subject to availability and The Tarot Guide does not guarantee that the appointment they request will be available. (The Tarot Guide may have limited availability at peak times so we recommended booking as far in advance as possible). The voucher code must be sent at the time of booking. The voucher code is unique and can only be redeemed once. Please keep your voucher secure and do not disclose the code to anyone else. The Tarot Guide does not accept liability for vouchers that are stolen or vouchers that are redeemed by someone other than the recipient. If the recipient makes an appointment and is more than 5 minutes late for the appointment, is a no-show or cancels with less than 48 hours notice, the voucher will be forfeited in full and, if allowed to make another appointment, they will need to pay in full again in advance. If they are less than 5 minutes late, the time they missed will be taken out of their allocated time. To redeem an email gift voucher, the recipient must send their voucher code, name, email address, date of birth and question or topic to Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com. The email reading will be sent back within 10-15 business days.
9. Filming, Recording and Photography
Filming, recording and/or photography of private readings, including but not limited to Skype (or other video call platforms) and telephone readings, is only permitted with the express authorisation of The Tarot Guide, which may be granted verbally by The Tarot Guide at the start of the reading. The Tarot Guide will not provide filming, photographic or recording equipment or accept any liability for readings where the equipment failed to capture the session. The Tarot Guide will not repeat a reading where attempts to photograph, film or record it have failed. If permission is granted to film, photograph and/or record a private session, it is granted solely on the basis that the film, photographs and/or recordings are to be used for personal use only by the client. By booking, you agree that any filming, recording and/or photographs of a reading and/or any email reading issued by The Tarot Guide is and remains the intellectual property of The Tarot Guide. You assign to The Tarot Guide the copyright, performers rights and all other rights to any filming, recording and/or photography of private readings. Furthermore, you agree that any such material will not be published, posted online, shared and/or otherwise disseminated without the express written and signed authorisation of The Tarot Guide. The unauthorised use of filming, photographic and/or recording equipment at The Tarot Guide’s events is strictly prohibited, this includes but is not limited to any party, group reading, corporate event, private function, speaking engagement, course, conference or teaching event that The Tarot Guide is appearing at, is hosting or has organised. You consent to being filmed, photographed and/or recorded as attendees of any such event. You assign to The Tarot Guide the copyright, performers rights and all other rights to any filming, recording and/or photography of you at any such event. You agreed that The Tarot Guide may edit, adapt, translate , share and/or distribute any such filming, photographs and/or recordings of you at any such event.
10. Refund & Returns policy –
(Applies to tangible goods purchased through The Tarot Guide only, does not apply to tarot readings, gift vouchers or any other intangible services purchased from The Tarot Guide or to goods or services purchased from third party sellers or affiliates who advertise on The Tarot Guide)
- Items can be returned within 14 days for a full goods value refund minus credit card. Returned items will be checked. We will not be responsible for any return costs in this situation. You must notify in writing within 14 days of receipt of goods if you wish to return part or all of your order. Refunds will be made within 14 days of receipt of returned goods.
- Any goods returned after the 14 day period, if accepted may be subject to a 30% restocking fee. We must be able to resell goods in as “new condition”. Any goods where packaging has been damaged and therefore rendered unfit for resale will not be refunded. Please make sure you have purchased the correct item for your needs before opening any packaging.
11. Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering any of our competitions, you confirm that you agree to the Competition Terms and Conditions. All entrants must be over 18 years of age to enter. By entering our subscriber competitions you agree that you are subscribing to The Tarot Guide’s mailing list. All competition winner(s) will be contacted after the relevant draw to arrange to redeem their prize. Prizes must be redeemed within 60 days of the prize draw. Failure to redeem within this time-frame will forfeit your prize. For Skype/ WhatsApp Reading prizes, failure to answer at the appointment time will result in the forfeit of the prize.Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for any other services (except in the circumstances already outlined) and cannot be redeemed for cash. Subscriber competition winners will be notified by an email to the email address provided at entry. As such, please ensure you provide the correct details when entering our competition(s). Facebook competition winners will be contacted through private message on Facebook. The Tarot Guide does not accept any liability for winners who fail to redeem their prizes within the time-frame specified, this includes but is not limited to winners who do not collect their prizes as a result of their failure to monitor Facebook or their own email accounts or spam filters, winners who provide incorrect information at the time of entry or winners who are non-contactable via the platform through which they entered the competition. All entrants should add Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com to their email safe list to avoid any such issues. The Tarot Guide reserves the right to cancel any competition without notice or liability at any time and for any reason.
12. Testimonials, Feedback and Reviews
If you submit a testimonial, feedback or a review to The Tarot Guide either via email, text message, our contact form or through our various social media, search engine or review pages (including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Yelp), then you agree that we may publish your testimonial, feedback or review together with your name and any logo you upload, on this website (and on any successor website that we may operate) and that the placement and position of such testimonials, feedback or reviews on such a page shall be at the sole discretion of The Tarot Guide. You further agree that we may edit the testimonial, feedback or review and publish edited or partial versions of the testimonial, feedback or review. However, we agree that we will never edit a testimonial, feedback or a review in such a way as to create a misleading impression of your views. You may terminate this licence by sending an email to Lisa@TheTarotGuide.com giving us 30 days notice of termination.
13. Affiliate and Third Party Advertising Disclosures
14. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Tarot Guide’s web site shall be governed by the laws of Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.