Unlocking the realms of your psychic ability and safeguarding your spiritual journey often begins with one vital connection: the connection to your spirit guides. On the journey to explore our spiritual senses, these wise and caring beings are our trusted allies, serving to protect and guide us, and offering profound insights. Forging a strong connection to your spirit guides is not only pivotal in honing your psychic and mediumship abilities, it is also essential in warding off any unpredictable energies in the psychic world and protecting your energy as you work.
When you nurture the spiritual partnership you have with your spirit team, they will illuminate the path to harnessing your psychic powers and strengthen your psychic shield. You have to trust in your spirit team 100% and, in order to build that trust, you have to put the effort into connecting to them. This connection will get much easier the more you practice it, to the point where you will be able to call in your spiritual guides and connect with them in an instant. However, to make the initial connection to them, a visualisation exercise can really help!
Steps to Connect to Your Spirit Guides
Follow the steps of our meditation to meet your spirit guides. The more you practice the spirit guide meditation, the easier it will be to connect to your spirit guides.
- Find a quiet, comfortable space where you won’t be disturbed.
- Cleanse the space of any negative influences by burning cleansing incense or by visualising a protective white light filling the space and removing any negative energies. Set the intention that this is a protected space as you do.
- Light a candle to create a sacred atmosphere (ensure the candle is safely contained in a proper candle holder as you will be closing your eyes for this exercise. Fire safety first always!).
- Now close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to centre yourself.
Getting into a Meditative State
- Begin breathing in a 4-2-4 formation (this is where you breathe in to the count of four, hold it for two, and breathe out to the count of four). As you exhale imagine any the stresses and strains, and any negativity you may be holding being released from you.
- Once you have released any stress or negativity, start to visualise your exhaled breath as a warm, protective light. Imagine this light flowing out of your mouth and enveloping your entire being, until your whole body and your whole aura is bathed in this light.
- Sit in that protective light for a few moments and just enjoy the warmth of it.
Spirit Guide Meditation:
- Now visualise yourself walking along a peaceful forest trail.
- As you follow the trail, you come to a clearing with a large tree. Waiting beside the tree, you’ll find a small friendly animal. Follow them past the tree and along the forest trail.
- As you follow them, visualise them leading you to a gate that opens into garden path lined with lush green hedges that form an archway over the path. Open the gate and walk down the path.
- As you continue down this path it opens up into a gorgeous garden full of the most beautiful flowers you’ve ever seen. The weather in this garden is perfect. This garden is your meeting place with your spirit guides.
- As you explore this beautiful garden you come to a little lake. On the grass beside the lake, there is a blanket to sit on and on the blanket lies a small ornate bell.
- Sit on the blanket and bask in the warmth of the garden, feel the gentle breeze and smell the sweet scent of the flowers.
- Once you feel really relaxed, pick up the bell and ring it gently to invite your spirit guide to join you.
Communicating With Your Spirit Guides:
- Continue to relax by the lake. You don’t need to force it, you will know when your guide has joined you (it may be one guide initially, or more, it is different for everyone). As you relax deeper into the meditation, spirit guides will naturally step forward to connect with you.
- When they do, you can speak to them silently in your mind or out loud if you prefer. Ask them any questions you may have or simply express your intention to connect more deeply with them.
- Pay attention to any thoughts, feelings, or impressions that come to you during this conversation. Your guides may communicate through thoughts, emotions, or subtle sensations. Again, there is no “wrong” way to do this, it is different for every individual.
- Trust your intuition. Your spirit guides may provide insights, guidance, or comfort in response to your inquiries or intentions.
Show Gratitude to Your Spirit Guides:
- When you feel the connection has been established or you’ve received the guidance you seek, express your gratitude to your spirit guides.
- When you are ready to leave the spirit guides meditation, thank them for their presence and assistance.
- Walk back towards the garden path. Follow it all the way back to the gate, knowing you can return here and connect to your guides whenever you want to.
- Walk back down the forest trail, back past the big tree, thanking your little animal spirit guide as you go.
- Slowly bring your awareness back to your physical surroundings. Open your eyes and return to the present moment.
Record your experience:
- Afterwards, drink some water and take some time to write down your experience in a journal. Record any messages, sensations, or insights you received during your connection with your spirit guides. Over time, you may notice patterns or recurring guidance.
Remember that connecting with spirit guides is a personal and unique experience. Meditations to meet your spirit guides can take time to master. It may require effort to strengthen your connection to your spirit team. Be patient and open to the various ways in which your guides may communicate with you. If you struggle to make the connection to your guides, you can also ask them to introduce themselves in a dream and keep a dream journal by your bed.